Tuesday, March 1, 2016

First day of Teaching


Today my group and I taught our second grade class for the first time today! We taught a Direct lesson on the Colonies and the road to America's independence. At first I was a nervous wreck. I never taught in front of an entire class before. I was used to teaching students one on one. However, my experience today was amazing. Even though I was nervous and scared out of my mind I had a lot of fun. All the students were amazing and all so smart.
Since we were teaching a direct instructional lesson we were directly teaching the students the information within the chapter. We created a powerpoint that we would present to them and created an activity to help further their knowledge. We split the information being taught between the people in our group and I had the pleasure of teaching the students the difference between Loyalists and Patriots. I also told them a story about Paul Revere! We then made a timeline as a class on the road to independence! At the end of the Direct lesson we reviewed to the class what we have learned and asked a couple questions and everyone was able to recall the information!

No comments:

Post a Comment